The Student Support Services Team (SSST) screens, determines services, and monitors referred students whose significant social, emotional, behavioral, or academic differences have been noticed by class or subject teachers. Following a set referral procedure, team members assess the student’s needs, through consultation, observation and testing. Then a team recommendation is made regarding the specialist and the type of support the student needs to develop to their fullest potential. The SSST consists of:
- two full-time and one part-time learning support teachers
- one Junior School Counsellor and one Secondary School Counsellor
- one College Counsellor
- an on-site occupational therapist (independently contracted)
- an on-site speech therapist (independently contracted)
- our School nurse (as needed)
The SSST also liaises with other outside specialists and therapists in order to provide the widest array of services possible for ISH families.