ISH Extra-Curricular Activities Programme: ECAP.
The ISH Extra-Curricular Activities Programme (ECAP) offers a wide range of after-school student activities designed to enhance and extend the ISH curriculum by offering a diverse programme through which special talents and interests can be nurtured. Our ISH mission statement includes a commitment to provide a complete educational experience for our students, one which encourages academic excellence but which also recognizes the importance of a holistic approach if the potential of our students is to be developed to the maximum. As such, students are actively encouraged to engage themselves in extra-curricular activities.
ECAP has four main strands:
- Sports: NECIS and Intramural.
- NECIS (Northwest European Council of International Schools):– a programme of competitive sport (soccer, volleyball, basketball, swimming, track and field, tennis and golf) for students in grades 5 to 12 (grade 4 students can join the Swim Team). This programme involves twice-weekly practices, weekend games and tournaments with other international schools. Click here for more information.
- Intramural: - a wide range of internal sports for those students in grades P1 to 12 who wish to participate in a weekly sports activity. The Intramural Sports programme is designed for our younger students (grades P1 to 5) and for those older students (grades 6 to 12) who do not wish to commit to a NECIS team (or in addition to) but instead prefer to play recreational sports in a non-competitive environment. Click here for more information.
- Performing Arts.
- Drama: – the ISH Performing Arts Department stage a musical performance in autumn and a drama performance in spring, both cast from students in grades 6 to 12. In addition, students in grades 9 to 12 can audition for the Tech Crew which is responsible for the lighting, sound, set production and backstage management for all ISH drama performances. Click here for more information.
- Music:– the ISH Music Enrichment Programme provides private instrumental and vocal instruction with English-speaking instructors for students in grades 1 to 12. The 30-minute weekly lessons are fee-based. Click here for more information.
In addition, the Junior School Choir (grades 1 to 5), the Junior Rock Band (grades 4 to 6) and the ISH School Band (grades 4 to 12) meet for regular rehearsals and give several performances throughout the year. Students may also receive tuition to prepare for the examinations of the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music in the UK.
– Dance:- students can participate in Ballet classes (grades P3 to 5), Jazz Dance classes (grades 1 to 5), Tap Dance classes (P3 to grade 8) or Primary Dance classes (grades P1 and P2). Please refer to the Performing Arts section of the website / notice board for further information.
- Visual Arts.
We currently run a Junior School Art Club (grades 1 to 5); a Middle School Art Club (grades 6 to 8); and a Stage Design Group (grades 8 to 12) responsible for designing and creating the scenery for our school drama/musical performances.
- Special Interests.
We currently run a Chess Club (grades 1 to 12); the Yearbook Production Team (grades 9 to 12); the Model United Nations and Debating Society (grades 10 and 11); Relax Kids for students in grades 1 to 5 is a pioneering system of teaching children mindfulness and relaxation techniques to help them cope with stress, anxiety and behavioral problems. Please refer to the Special Interests section for information relating to the different groups; a CAS Cooking Class (grades 11-12); the History of the School Project (grades 8 to 11); the Greenish Group (grades 6 and 7); and a Robotics Club (grades 4 and 5). In addition, a group of students in grades 6 to 12 support several local charities in the Kids 4 Kids project.
As a general rule, we will not charge fees for ECAP activities if they take place on campus and the students are taught in groups, although a small fee may be charged for materials in certain activities (for example, art classes).
- The Music Enrichment Programme where students are taught individually.
- The NECIS Sports Programme. Although students are not charged for the actual activity, parents are expected to pay 60% of all the associated trip costs (transport, accommodation, tournament fees, etc.). ISH contributes the remaining 40% of the total costs.
- The Intramural Swimming Programme where students will be charged a fee to cover the cost of renting the pool.
- The MUN Conference in The Hague.
Please refer to the relevant sections of the school website or the ECAP Notice Board which you will find in the corridor leading off the Reception Area as you walk towards the Sports Hall.