Join ISH and Our 150+ members of Faculty and Staff
At ISH, we believe that everyone is a learner. This philosophy is embedded in our Professional Development (PD) programme which encourages both faculty and support staff to expand their knowledge base, their skills and their capacity to meet the ever-changing needs of our 21st century learners. We offer a generous range of opportunities throughout the year: workshops, local and international conferences, on-line courses and in-house offerings during four PD days that are built into our yearly calendar. We have brought globally-recognised workshop leaders to ISH in recent years to work with our faculty and staff. Our goal is always to ensure that an individual’s PD choices are closely aligned with her or his personal goals for the year as well as the over-arching goals of the school, which are found in the Action Plans developed within our respective Divisions (ECC, Junior School and Secondary School) and on a school-wide basis. We encourage colleagues to share their learning with peers so that everyone can benefit from the new knowledge gained.
Please note that, in order to be considered, candidates should visit to career portal at Schrole to submit your application and express an interest in working at ISH.
7 reasons to become part of the ISH family:
- Our teachers and administrators come from more than 20 countries, making our employees as international and vibrant as our student body.
2. We foster a welcoming and collegial working environment that supports each other whenever help is needed.
3. We offer ideal working conditions and a competitive salary according to the qualification and job experience.
4. Work and live in Hamburg, one of the world's most liveable cities!
5. Join a professional environment with set structures that are constantly developing.
6. Enjoy state-of-the-art facilities, custom-built in 2010 and extended in 2015.
7. Most importantly: Enjoy teaching our students who are passionate, inspiring and excited to learn every day.
Our relocation service
We will support you with relocating to Hamburg, including flights, accommodation, and work visa if needed. After your arrival we will accompany you to the German authorities for all necessary documents including work and residence permit and the official registration in Hamburg. Furthermore, we will organize health insurance for you and your family.
In short: We will prepare and organise everything needed for you to make your start here in Hamburg as easy as possible!
The International School of Hamburg seeks to adhere to the guidelines established in the International Task Force on Child Protection. All employment candidates will be carefully screened and appropriate background check documents are required.