Join ISH and Our 150+ members of Faculty and Staff
At ISH, we believe that everyone is a learner. This philosophy is embedded in our Professional Development (PD) programme which encourages both faculty and support staff to expand their knowledge base, their skills and their capacity to meet the ever-changing needs of our 21st century learners. We offer a generous range of opportunities throughout the year: workshops, local and international conferences, on-line courses and in-house offerings during four PD days that are built into our yearly calendar. We have brought globally-recognised workshop leaders to ISH in recent years to work with our faculty and staff. Our goal is always to ensure that an individual’s PD choices are closely aligned with her or his personal goals for the year as well as the over-arching goals of the school, which are found in the Action Plans developed within our respective Divisions (ECC, Junior School and Secondary School) and on a school-wide basis. We encourage colleagues to share their learning with peers so that everyone can benefit from the new knowledge gained.
Please send a letter of interest indicating the reference code with a current CV to email@example.com. The International School of Hamburg is committed to carrying out appropriate child safeguarding checks and takes the well-being of our students very seriously.
- Teacher of German Language in Secondary School
- Teacher of EAL in Secondary School
- ECC/Junior Classroom Teacher
- ECC/Junior Classroom Assistant
- ECC/Junior Classroom Teacher (Parental Leave Cover Position)
- Teacher of MYP Integrated Humanities and IBDP Economics
- School Counselor
- Teacher of IBDP Economics and MYP Humanities
7 reasons to become part of the ISH family:
- Our teachers and administrators come from more than 15 countries, reflecting our global student population.
2. We foster a welcoming and collegial working environment where teachers support each other in a spirit of collaboration.
3. We offer good working conditions and a regionally competitive salary according to the qualifications and experience.
4. Work and live in Hamburg, one of the world's most liveable cities!
5. Our academic and co-curricular programmes nurture each child's social, intellectual, moral and physical development in alignment with our Missions and Values as the oldest international school in Germany.
6. Enjoy state-of-the-art facilities, custom-built in 2010 and extended in 2015.
7. Most importantly: enjoy teaching our students who are internationally-minded and eager to apply our school motto, "Embark on a Voyage of Learning" to their own educational journey.
Our relocation service
We will support you with relocating to Hamburg, including flights, accommodation, and work visa if needed. After your arrival we will accompany you to the German authorities for all necessary documents including your work and residence permit and official registration in Hamburg. Furthermore, we will organize health insurance for you and your family.
In short: We will prepare and organise everything needed for you to make your start here in Hamburg as easy as possible!